‘Maskne’ is a real thing — How to prevent Face Mask Breakouts!
Maskne – acne triggered by wearing a mask.
“Constant rubbing of the masks against our skin causes micro-tears, allowing easier entry for bacteria and dirt to clog up our pores”.
“Breathing into a mask also creates a hot and moist environment that leads to the build-up of sweat, oil and bacteria. Add on the fact that face masks are occlusive [designed to block things] by nature, and it’s a recipe for skin disaster”
source from: Dr Angeline Yong (dermatologist), BBC
How to Prevent “Maskne”?
- Frequently change mask and always keep it clean.
- Cleanse your face before and after wearing a mask. Portable and solid Calendula Cleansing Stick (Malaysia first cleansing stick) are perfect to bring along with you.
- Streamline your skincare routine and use light-weight products. Replace your toner and serum with our multi-function and lightweight Purslane Hydration Mist Essence.
- Use acne patch to create protection, a physical barrier between the mask and your skin will reduce irritation and the spread of bacteria.
- Incorporate clarifying ingredients (for example AHA, BHA)
Related: Maskne Bundle Promotion